Panaya is looking for an experienced VP Rַ&D that will join our company. The VP R&D will be responsible for leading and managing our talented R&D organization and will be part of the leadership team.
If you are passionate about leading by using creativity and technology and have the ability to build an excellent software product that will be massively used by top enterprise companies all over the world, your place is with us.
Who we are?
Panaya’s solution is revolutionizing the world of packaged applications. We deliver solutions that help enterprises introduce changes fast and risk free – based on our state-of-the-art Impact Analysis algorithms and smart testing platform. We are using ideas from various areas in computer science, including static code analysis, distributed computing, data mining and NLP.
Our SaaS platform, built using Java technologies, includes a multi-tenant enterprise web front with a strong emphasis on scalability, robustness, security, and a powerful distributed backend.
Panaya was selected as one of the best HiTech companies to work at in Israel, DUN’S 100 2019 and was awarded by Gartner and Forrester.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Provide visionary leadership. You will define objectives for the Research and Development Department and lead their operation and execution
- Own the delivery process. You will direct and oversee all R&D aspects of new and existing products in the company
- Keep our business operating. You will be responsible for the availability of our production sites and supporting Operations processes
- Maintain a successful engineering culture. You will be responsible for R&D engineering culture. Set high eng. standards while keeping a learning, collaborative, creative, accountability, communicative and happy culture
- Define and strategize shared company goals. You will work with the other members of the senior management team to further the department and the company as a whole
- 10+ years’ experience in R&D managerial roles, 3+ years’ as VP R&D of 40+ sized team
- Highly talented technological leader with a background in back-end, modern front-end development and Cloud IaaS – MUST
- A graduate of Computer Science or Software Engineering
- Extensive knowledge and experience with system and software architecture, scaling, performance, Cloud IaaS and relational databases
- Previous experience in SaaS B2B company
- Experience with Agile and Continuous Integration and methodologies in a development strategy
- Strong problem-solving capabilities
- Excellent communication skills
- Can-Do and hands-on approach
- Great interpersonal skills
Buzz words: Java, .Net, JS, Angular, Hibernate, Spring, Tomcat, MySql, ElasticSearch, AWS, Git