ABB Brazil Tested 30% Faster Thanks to Panaya Test Center!
ABB Brazil is a leader in power and automation technologies that enable utility, industry, and transport and infrastructure customers to improve performance while lowering environmental impact.
The company employs 4,000 people in four manufacturing plants:
- 2,300 SAP users
- 50 SAP key users
- 60 person SAP IT team
The stakes are high for ABB Brazil, an organization with five business divisions. Brazil has one of the most complicated tax systems in the world and SAP system errors can cost big losses for the company. Each release of new functionality is very risky, hence ABB Brazil faces huge testing challenges.
- No available documentation for business tests
- Several system changes (new functionalities, improvements, and bug fixes) are released every week requiring a huge effort to execute regression tests
- Heterogeneous business processes among the business divisions, which makes streamlining the testing effort complex and requires the involvement of many business representatives
- The major challenge during the UAT is to keep track of all activities, spread across multiple areas/locations and keep everything under control
- SAP functional analysts are business-focused and prefer not to spend time on complex and technical testing tools
Panaya Test Center helps us keep track of all testing activities.Wagner Canto, IS Project Manager at ABB Brazil.
After months of looking for a testing service, ABB Brazil found Panaya. Wagner Canto, the IS Project Manager, was impressed with a live demonstration of Panaya Test Center. Thanks to Test Center’s easy onboarding, ABB Brazil decided to dive head-first into the water and immediately moved all of their SAP testing to Panaya.
ABB Brazil started using Panaya Test Center in 2014 on their entire SAP system. ABB Brazil reaped astounding benefits from Panaya Test Center:
- They met their SAP testing deadline with time to spare
- They avoided go-live issues that were common with previous SAP testing
- By keeping track of all testing activities, the SAP IT team went from reactive to proactive mode.
- ABB “retired” their spreadsheets and Word documents and now use Panaya Test Center to collect test evidence.
Wagner Canto is a big proponent of Panaya Test Center. “The new solution is very useful for ERP test management, including planning, execution and follow-up. The major challenge when testing integrated ERP solutions is to keep track of all activities, spread across multiple areas and key-users. The new service helps us to keep everything under control (changes in the scenarios, testing progress, defects, and fixes). We estimate a 30% savings in total testing time thanks to Panaya Test Center."
ABB saved 30% on testing time thanks to Panaya Test Center. They aren’t looking back!